For more tasty food videos subscribe to our channel @ https://bit.ly/SubscribeToCookd
Appam is a traditional South Indian #BreakfastRecipe. In this #Appam recipe raw rice is soaked, ground along with grated coconut and water and is fermented. You can now make this #AppamRecipewithoutYeast with Cookd's simple recipe and serve it hot with coconut chutney or coconut milk. Do try this recipe and share your feedback with us.
Raw Rice - 1 Cup
Grated Coconut - ½ Cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Salt - ½ tsp
Baking Soda - ½ tsp
Water (for grinding) - ½ Cup + ½ Cup
Water - 1 Cup
Oil (for greasing) - As needed
1. Wash the rice and soak for 3 hours.
2. Add ½ cup of water and grind it into a fine paste.
3. Remove ¼ cup of the paste and cook it in a pan along with 1 cup of water until it turns into a thick paste.
4. Add this back into the mixer jar. Add the grated coconut and ½ cup of water. Grind it again.
5. Cover it and leave it to rest at room temperature for 8-10 hours.
6. Add baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well to combine.
7. Heat an Appam pan over medium heat. Grease lightly with oil.
8. Pour a ladle of Appam batter into the pan. Swirl the pan around to spread the batter. The batter should be thin around the sides and thick in the center.
9. Cover and cook for 45-60 seconds or until the sides have started to turn golden brown.
10. Remove from the pan and serve hot with stew, coconut milk or any gravy of your choice.
Our Curated list of products for your home kitchen - https://www.amazon.in/shop/cookd
Like our Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/CookdTV/
Follow us on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cookdtv/
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/CookdRecipes